Monday, July 11, 2005

Back to Unimas!

It's been a pretty tiring 2 days for me...now that I'm finally back to unimas. And I'm now acessing and typing out this entry via one of the computers at the unimas library lab. Just registered at the new hostel in the new unimas campus yesterday...and had to went through a 3-hour ordeal (from 5pm-8pm)just to get the key to my room. Apparently they didn't have a proper, systematic system to allocate students to their specified rooms. There were only a lady and 3 or 4 other guys at the counter servicing over a hundred students cramped and jam-packed in a small room. So you can imagine how stuffy it was in the registration office.Just imagine hundreds of sardines tightly packed in a container....that's how the situation was like. Then as I finally fought my way to the counter, alas, I was told that my key was taken away by my roomate. So I carried some of my stuff from my car, then dragged them up to my room, which is on the 3rd floor, only to find that it was locked! No one else was there! It seemed that I was the first one, or so I thought! So it was another trip to the stuffy room and counter again. And boy was that lady there pretty cranky! Since my room key could not be found at the counter, just run around the different blocks and try to find one of the staffs who may..'MAY' have my room key, she told me. It was a wild goose chase all the way after that! I managed to get hold of one of the staffs, who told me that the key was supposed to be at the counter. So I went back again..was shoved off. So my Dad who drove me there got pretty mad, yeah, and you could see how cranky he was when he complained to that lady at the counter about my key problem, and their haphazhard system. Immediately she took action, gave me a single room instead, and a key! Hurray, a key! Happily we rushed to the room, opened the door, and found--oh no, the room was occupied by someone else! Then it was another trip down to the counter again. And by that time, I was so drenched in sweat, and so tired that I nearly fell asleep. To cut the story short, I was given the whole bunch of keys to all 6 bedrooms in my apartment instead, and was asked to choose a bedroom I want! Hehe.. it was better than I had expected! So I found a single room I wanted, in fact the only unoccupied single room in that apartment (which incidentally had a faulty fan and lamp. So I went back to the counter again, and that lady gave me a "oh, not her again!' look, returned the bunch of keys, then told her about my faulty lamp and ceiling fan case, but was then told to report it to her tomorrow, which means today, though I hadn't done it yet. Will report it tonight. So guess where did I stay last night? Couldn't possibly sleep in that boiling hot, dark and eerie bedroom. So I hopped into a friend's room just next to my apartment(hers was a shared room with 2 beds), and 'borrowed' her roomate's bed for the night. Thankfully her roomate did not turn up last night. Hehe..

But today..sigh today. I'm in a pretty weird mood today..both very happy to see my pals, but at the same time extremely tired of the waiting and pushing to register business. Guess I got pretty spoiled after my 3-month holiday! And I'm getting a bit cranky now....just got out from one of the stuffiest room you can find in unimas, after attending this soft-skill module session for nearly 2 hours. Very sleepy now. But I have a choir audition or something to attend afterwards at 3pm. Which reminds me, I've got to go now! Bye readers! Cheerio!

No comments:

Who Am I - Casting Crowns